Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Condition IF THEN ELSE statement

jlrouquette
7 - Meteor

There are many discussions about if statements but I'm struggling to find one in the format I'm looking for help with.

if [FIELD] < 6,000 THEN "A"

if [FIELD] is >= 6,000 and < 9,000 THEN "B"

if [FIELD" is >= 9,000 THEN "C"

I was able to manage 2 parts of the statement but I can't get the syntax right with the 3rd element without getting the "Malformed If Statement" warning. 

I appreciate any help!

-Luke 

17 REPLIES 17
prstructure
5 - Atom

Hi there 🙂

I was reading your post since I'm struggling to create a simple statement formula. I have followed the steps but still does not work, could you please help me here?

The formula is:

IF [Pricebook: Part Type] = "Service Contract Labor" THEN [Calculation Number]+" Service Contract Labor/Option"
ELSEIF IF [Pricebook: Part Type] = "Service Contract Option" THEN [Calculation Number]+" Service Contract Labor/Option"
ELSEIF IF [Pricebook: Part Type] = "Monitoring Service" THEN [Calculation Number]+" Monitoring Service"
ELSE ""

ENDIF 

Thanks in advance

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

IF [Pricebook: Part Type] = "Service Contract Labor" THEN [Calculation Number]+" Service Contract Labor/Option"
ELSEIF IF [Pricebook: Part Type] = "Service Contract Option" THEN [Calculation Number]+" Service Contract Labor/Option"
ELSEIF IF [Pricebook: Part Type] = "Monitoring Service" THEN [Calculation Number]+" Monitoring Service"
ELSE ""

ENDIF

You don't need ELSEIF IF, it should be just ELSEIF 

prstructure
5 - Atom

Oh that's 100% correct, I didn't realize about that, thanks a lot for the catch 🙂

prstructure
5 - Atom

I have another step where I'm stuck with, basically I want to highlight with 0 and 1 whether the value has appeared before or not. The formula that I did in excel is 

=(COUNTIFS($A$2:A14,A15)>=1)+0

So if the value has appeared before the result will be 0, otherwise 1

Any advice to get the same result ??

Thanks a lot 

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

Could you use a join tool and then write a formula to create the 1's and Zero's? depending on whether they joined to the list or not?

prstructure
5 - Atom

Thanks 

aiza_nievera
5 - Atom

IF [PBLOS Comment Aged] >3 THEN "P1"
ELSEIF [PBLOS Comment Aged] =2 THEN "P2"
ELSEIF [PBLOS Comment Aged] =1 THEN "P3"
ELSE "Pend" ENDIF

i am getting error - Error: Formula (15): Parse Error at char(108): Invalid type in operator ==. (Expression #1)

appreciate the help

Sreevidya7
5 - Atom

You can try this:

IF [Alternative BOM Text]= "SHIP & ENTER SUB" THEN "SES"
ELSEIF [Alternative BOM Text]= "SUB ONLY" THEN "SON"
ELSEIF [Alternative BOM Text]= "SHIP ONLY" THEN "SHO"
ELSE "ERROR"

ENDIF

Labels