Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving rows into column for multiple files

AlexStewart628
7 - Meteor

I need some help preparing a directory of data that I’m importing. I’m importing multiple .xlsx files with the Wildcard XLSX Input tool and the I need the first 5 lines of each file made into their own columns. The thing I’m having trouble with is that I have a process that can do what I want it to do for one file, but it then applies the columns to every row in the output, when I need it to apply the correct webinar title and date to the respective webinar. The input tool I’m using is giving each files’ columns a resetting record ID starting at 0. I need these reports to be merged together.

5 REPLIES 5
gnans19
11 - Bolide

@AlexStewart628

Batch macro is the solution. For each iteration record id would get reset to 1. Attached batch macro developed on top of your workflow. Hope this helps!

1.png2.png

AlexStewart628
7 - Meteor

Thank you for you help! Unfortunately I'm now getting this error when I try to run the folder into the directory. I'm not really sure what I should be putting into the input tool in the macro.

gnans19
11 - Bolide

Looks like you have different columns every time. Open the macro, view->Interface designer and choose the second option and save the macro and rerun your workflow.

3.png

AlexStewart628
7 - Meteor

Hey it worked! For the most part, only one of the files seems to have failed but everything else did what I wanted it to.

SoClose.PNG

gnans19
11 - Bolide

@AlexStewart628

Glad it worked! Make sure the file is not opened or password protected. 

Labels