Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving macros from one network path to other

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have around 100+ macros which are located in a shared network path. And 300+ workflows have dependency on these macros. I want to move those macros to different path without breaking the macros connection in the workflow. Please let me know how we can achieve this.

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SriGayathri - You can copy your Macros and then do the following:

1) Edit user settings:

ArtApa_0-1622688111372.png

2) Go to Macros. Hit "+". Create a Tool Palette and show a path to your new folder:

ArtApa_1-1622688247998.png

It should work. More info here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/user-settings 

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your response @ArtApa !!

That will work for sure! But every Alteryx users who uses those workflows needs to update the macros repository manually. I am looking for the location of program/file where these macros repository defined in the settings are saved. Please let me know if you have an idea on that. 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SriGayathri - After creating a macro repository in Designer, the path to the folder is stored in the newly created .ini config file (located at C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros). 

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much @ArtApa !!

Labels