Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving column values to identical empty columns

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Friends,

This is difficult to explain so it's best to watch the picture to understand. It shows what I have and what I want. I basically want to move the "BeerTried" values to the left so that BeerTried1 is always populated and then BeerTried2 but never have any empty values and then another value after that.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Peter

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @PeterPetersen! Check out the attached workbook to see if that's what you're looking for. The key was to use the Transpose and Cross Tab tools. Hope this helps!

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

Dear BarnesK,

Thank you for your fast response. Unfortunately I cannot open the document as it was made by a newer version and I'm running at 10.5.9 ATM and unable to update due to company policy.

Could you maybe post a screenshot?

Best regards,

Høgni

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@PeterPetersen sorry about that. I revised the version number and reattached the workflow to this post.

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

You're too kind. I actually figured out how to open the original file using this guide to change it to version 10.5: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Different-Versio...

Thank you for your help!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Awesome @PeterPetersen! That is actually the same change that I made before I uploaded it the second time. Glad the solution worked for you and you can use that Notepad ++ trick in the future!

Labels