Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving Data in an excel Sheet

AlexStewart628
7 - Meteor

I am having a problem with the initial format of a report I'm inputting into my workflow. Data that I need is at the top of the sheet but I need to add that data to a column that applies to each row of the sheet. After I do that I also need to have the sheet be read as a table with the headings on row 7 as fields for data merging. Any Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Making some assumptions about your data here, and creating an example workflow that should do roughly what you want, although it might need some tweaks.

CommunityMovingData.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions about the screenshot above and I will try to add more context.  I used a dummy file that this example doesn't work for, so I don't want to share the broken workflow I'm using :)

If you provide a small sample set (like whats in your Webinar image) I can upload it.

AlexStewart628
7 - Meteor

Here's the sample set of data I made the screenshot of.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Thanks!

Here's a copy of the workflow!  If you repoint the excel file to the correct file and leave everything else configured the same, it should work for you.

AlexStewart628
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

Labels