Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Move second row to another column

parria1
8 - Asteroid

I was given a list of names of addresses in an Excel file in the format below

Column A       Column B

Name Street Address Suite
                      City State Zip

I can remove the merge from column A but how do i get the city state zip in the rows to column C in the appropriate rows?

3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @parria1 

Please see below for the workflow:

This is the dataset 

pedrodrfaria_0-1613079311851.png

And the workflow is pretty simple

pedrodrfaria_0-1613079281497.png

You then can see how we locate the row with the info that is supposed to be column C and assign it to over there.

Pedro.

parria1
8 - Asteroid

@pedrodrfaria 

Thanks Pedro, this does not work with actual addresses, so i changed the field3 to 250 length and it works.

My other problem is now i need to parse out the city,state,zip field because i need to perform an address match to our database. the CASS tool will not export out the city, state,zip in separate fields like i had hoped. any ideas here?

I am able to parse out the state and zip into separate fields but how about the city? the cities with two names separated by a space are giving problems.

parria1
8 - Asteroid

The CASS tool will export the city with the correct State and Zip parsed into separate fields. 

Labels