Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Move Bottom Rows to Right Hand Columns

Kelsey_Goodman
5 - Atom

I'm new to Alteryx and for a while I've been trying to figure out how to move certain rows to new columns.  I inputted my data from different excel tabs all together using a macro rather then inputting them individually.  This caused the data from the different tabs to stack on top of each other.  I believe there is a way to get the data side by side by inputting the different tabs separately however in my case there are too many tabs.  I'm planning to use this workflow over and over so it would be inconvenient to have to input all the tabs again and again.  So if anyone has a solution for how I can get my current data side by side or how I can input the data so it starts of side by side that would be very helpful.  Please see the attached screenshot for a general idea for an example of the inputs I'm working with and the output I'm looking for.  Data in screenshot is not real.

Kelsey_Goodman_0-1646235554727.png

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kelsey_Goodman 

Can you share the excel as an attachment?

Happy to help : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kelsey_Goodman 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1646236607954.png

Hope this helps : )

Kelsey_Goodman
5 - Atom

Thank you very much!  I'll give this a try.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Kelsey_Goodman 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels