Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mouse Cursor Disappears

Nwlee
5 - Atom

I'm using a touchscreen laptop (single screen). After I run my workflow, my cursor disappears. I tried using the touchscreen to drag and drop but I'm unable to type in formulas as well. I've tried scaling my screen to 100%, changing to recommended resolution, restarting alteryx, and updating user setting to default settings. I'm not sure what else to do. Any advice for this issue?

This is alteryx 2018.4 x64 

8 REPLIES 8
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Have you got the latest video drivers installed ?  , but this will be a tricky problem to solve remotely 

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

HI @Nwlee,

Did you get the issue resolved? Let me know if you are still experiencing the issue and I can get a case created for you so we can assist in support.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
alig
5 - Atom

I am also encountering this issue, when I am working on a single screen, no issue when working with a monitor in the office, but hampers Working from Home significantly. 

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @alig ,

In your case, I  would think its worth trying options>user settings> restore defaults. If that doesn't do the trick please shoot us an email at support@alteryx.com so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @alig ,

In your case, I  would think its worth trying options>user settings> restore defaults. If that doesn't do the trick please shoot us an email at support@alteryx.com so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Nwlee
5 - Atom

Thank you Everyone! 

Alteryx does not like my touchscreen. As long as I stick to my mouse, the cursor will remain. Once I use my touchscreen after a workflow is completed, the cursor disappears. 

I've opted to just not use my touchscreen on Alteryx.

jasminevirk
5 - Atom

Hi Nwlee,

I too was facing a similar issue. something that worked to resolve the missing cursor for me was adding in a new input file (selecting it through the browse option). Looks like using the overlay to configure the file resulted in the cursor being restored.

Hope this helps anyone trying to fix this issue in the same session. :)

Thanks,

Jaz

Cshoben
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you jasminevirk! 

I added a new input tool and used my touchscreen to launch the 'Set up a Connection' window. That triggered my cursor to return. I closer the connection window and the cursor remained. Thanks for sharing this fix! 

Labels