Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Most useful tools in Alteryx

smile_1212
5 - Atom

Hi, I just start to learn Alteryx.

I'm wondering what are the most useful tools in Alteryx? Specifically, what are the most often used tools in daily work?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smile_1212,

i believe the one in the favorites category. If you are asking because you want to learn them first I say that it is quite good plan.

I would say that first 5 pages from this list are very often used with few exceptions:

https://www.alteryx.com/sites/default/files/alteryx-designer-tools-sheet-v10.pdf

you will be able to figure them out by yourself if you will read the description.

Good luck with your fist steps using Alteryx!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @smile_1212 , every tool is useful according to the nature of the data and transformation required.

For basic transformations tools in the favorites are mostly used.

Transpose and Cross tab is used in case you want your data pivoted or unpivoted.

Reporting tools can be used in case you want to customize your output into specific template or charts.

Email tool can be used for emailing to various recipients at once.

Rest there are many tools that one can think of.

You can always refer to the tool list depending upon the transformations required but as per my understanding favorites tool would be enough for basics.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels