Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mosaic profiles for individuals

MAubrey
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have been tasked to recreate the output below for individuals, the Mosaic Main and Subcategory . Unfortunately my predecessor did not save the workflow. I have access to the Experian data, but am not sure where to look 

Any help would be great 

4 REPLIES 4
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That could be a tough one.  It appears that your predecessor was assigning mosaics to individual people.  I don't know how that's done using the Experian data.  The mosaic data from what I can see (and have used) is in the "allocate" data, which is the Experian data that is assigned at the geography level.  The "individual" and "household"  files do not contain mosaic data.  My assumption, and this is a huge assumption, is that he's getting address information for the person, and joining it with the spatial object from the allocate data set.

Or, perhaps he's using the behavior analysis tools, which I have not used.

Do you happen to know what emp data there is (I see an emp ID, so there must be a table with emp data)?

MAubrey
5 - Atom

yes, the there is an employee table with address. 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Okay, then my assumption is that the module did this:

1.  Geo-coded the addresses.

2.  CASS'd the addresses.

3.  Calgary-joined the addresses to the Experian Household File.

4.  Took the Household Mosaic code from the Experian Household File.

5.  Joined to a table that someone there must have created based on the Mosaic PDF that's included with the Experian data package.

I've attached the PDF that comes with the data package, that someone must have turned into a reference table, as well as a sample module.

cfredri
5 - Atom

Just FYI, the ConsumerView Matching widget returns a household Mosaic cluster field for matched individuals. This matches the first three characters of the metadata for Mosaic cluster code. Will be less steps than CASS+Calgary since ConsumerView does the CASS matching and returns the cluster in one go.

Labels