Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

More complex functions

andres222es
5 - Atom

So, now that the expert suggest some possible solutions to the last post, i have two more tasks i would like to perform with the same bus

database. Each user has an unique ID, and so we want to find in a given year how many trips has this deviceID has taken, and obtain a global media for each year, and compare it -we call it recurrence rate-. 

Second we want to find if the users which are using busPlus are paying more or less for their tickets. I dont care about the values in the bus plus column, i just want to know the accumulated price per month and per year of those users, vs those who dont use busPlus.

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

Have you tried to approach the task yourself yet? Usually if you can describe the task you are looking to complete in a set of stages then it allows you to begin building your workflow.

For example, you mention you want your data at a year and month. Therefor step one would be to truncate any date fields you have to this level of detail. If you then search 'truncate date' in the search in the top right, Alteryx will suggest tools that will help you achieve this goal.

The summerize tool then allows you to aggregate your data, you can view the example workflows for this tool to see how it works.

This community is powerful, but we need to know you are trying to help yourself! So please have a crack and let us know specific aspects where you are struggling.

andres222es
5 - Atom

I will try to approach it as you say.

Thanks

andres222es
5 - Atom

So, i have now a more clear picture of what i would like: once i have selected by month, i want to select only the rows which have busplus, that is the following sql query: from DATABASE SELECT * WHERE BUSPLUS !=0, and then summarize by month and netprice. I will then compare it to those records selected with the following query:from DATABASE SELECT * WHERE BUSPLUS=0, and also summarize by month and netprice. I attach the current flow.

Labels