Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Monotone Color Code in Expression Editor in Multi-Row Formula

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi all,

I'm wondering why expression editor in multi-row formula shows monotone color code(only black color).

I would like to have multi-color code like Formula tool because it is easy to debug and know syntax error.

Does anyone have an idea how to enable multi-color code even in Multi-raw formula?

If it is not possible, kindly let me know what is the specific reason?

Multi-raw Formula: monotone color

gawa_0-1633142263973.png

Formula:multi-color

gawa_1-1633142283774.png

Any adivce or any reference would be highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gawa ,

In the past, the following post was posted at idea of the Community.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Redesign-multi-field-and-multi-row-tools/idi...

But the idea is inactive now. The reason is as follows.

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

But I want to use multi-row formula with the improved UI. It is the good way that we go to the post and discuss about it.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @gawa ,

You're not missing the setting; this is unfortunately a shortcoming of a few of the Alteryx Tools (including your Multi-Row Formula Tool) that don't support syntax highlighting or autocompletion. I think this would be a very worthy enhancement, so much so that I submitted it as an idea. You can upvote the idea here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Autocompletion-and-Syntax-Highlighting-in-AL...

In the meantime, an unsatisfactory but sometimes helpful workaround would be to right your expression in the Formula Tool to copy and paste to other tools.

Thanks,

Philip

Labels