community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

MongoDB Collection Not Populating

Atom

I'm trying to access a mongo database, and after i put in the server address, username and password, and the database name and go to choose the collection nothing shows up to select, any ideas on what's going on?

Hi @bbrs4,

Thank you for posting !

Are you able to connect to MongoDB from same machine with a program like Robo3T for instance (https://robomongo.org/download). 

What version of Alteryx Designer and MongoDB do you use please?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

Highlighted
Atom

Hi, I'll try with robomongo, but I'd really like to use Alteryx. I'm using Alteryx version 2018.3.5.52487and MongoDB version 3.4

Hi @bbrs4,

Thanks for the reply!

The suggestion of Robo3T is only to verify that connection is up and running (credentials are valid).

Thanks,

Paul Noirel

Atom

It's telling me the network is unreachable, when i run the test its not even getting to the authentication part

Hi @bbrs4,

Thanks for testing! As it seems that your machine is not able to connect to MongoDB, you will have to fix the connection issue first. It could be something incorrect with the address or name of the server,  or your machine may not have access to the server or server network.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Atom

I did get the connection to work, just had to change some SSL settings. From what I could find online, the MongoDB Connectors do not support SSL connections currently. Is that still true?

Labels