Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Modifying IN DB SQL query by a formula tool

RAHULMISHRA
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am using IN DB Query for extracting data from a database. query is like this:-

Select _SYS_BIC."acs.OTFP.OTFPSummary/QV_OTFP".ITEM_CATEGORY,
_SYS_BIC."acs.OTFP.OTFPSummary/QV_OTFP".SALES_ORD_TYPE,
_SYS_BIC."acs.OTFP.OTFPSummary/QV_OTFP".CC_MAT_TYPE
from _SYS_BIC."acs.OTFP.OTFPSummary/QV_OTFP" ('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_DATE_FROM$$', '20200801'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_DATE_TO$$', '20210131'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_HFM_LOB$$', '''ALL'''), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_PLANT$$', '''ALL''')

I want to modify highlighted date placeholder by formula Such that it will pick From date as 180 days back from today and  TO$$ date as today's date. Thanks in Advance. 

RAHULMISHRA_0-1612967719440.png

3 REPLIES 3
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @RAHULMISHRA ,

I see what you are trying to do and it is a good idea to make things dynamic. The question is why do you want to do it this specific way. Why not use the SQL date function to do that.

Example:

('PLACEHOLDER' = (ADD_DAYS(CURRENT_DATE(),-180), '20200801'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = (CURRENT_DATE(), '20210131')

What I am curious about is that this cold be done at the sql extraction level.

May be it is not possible?

RAHULMISHRA
8 - Asteroid

Great, i would try that. But, believe using Interface tool it is possible. I want a solution using ALteryx.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @RAHULMISHRA 

If all you're doing is running a query inDB - you can do this with a normal input tool and then do much of this dynamically (either using an input tool hooked up to action tools; or using a dynamic input)

In-DB only really starts to make a big difference if you're doing joins; filters etc on your original select and you don't want to do them in a single SQL statement.   If you know the SQL - then an input tool should perform very similarly to an InDB tool on any given SQL Select.

Labels