Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Model comparison error

Highlighted
Meteor

Hi All,

Apologies if fix is elsewhere i did have a good look around and tried a few with no joy :(

Running v 10.6.8.17850

Trying to perform a model comparison on a decision tree, but get the following error....

Model Comparison (59)    Tool #3: Error in data.frame(..., check.names = FALSE) :

Model Comparison (59)    Tool #3: Execution halted

Model Comparison (59): Tool #3: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Attached is my workflow.

Thanks

Mark

Workflow.jpg

Highlighted
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hi @kempo1981

Is it possible that are there are Null values in the data when you build and test your model? I was able to reproduce the error you are getting by including Nulls in my input model and validation data, and correct the error by imputing values to replace the Nulls. 

Please let me know if this isn't what is happening.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Atom

Hi,

I am trying to use Model Comparison to compare three models. But I receive Error: Model Comparison (66): Tool #3: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

When I checked the R messages I found the real errors are :

Info: Model Comparison (66): Tool #3: 'lib = "C:/Program Files/Alteryx/R-3.2.3/library"' is not writable

and 
Model Comparison (66): Tool #3: Fejl i install.packages("ROCR", repos = repo) :

I can install the package separately but cannot run with Alteryx. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Highlighted
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hi @stella

Based on the information you've provided, it appears you are running into a permissions issue.

The first error you are getting is saying that Tool #3 (The R tool inside of the macro) isn't able to write to the R library folder that Alteryx uses. Therefore, the install.packages() function fails and the tool is not able to install the necessary R package the Model Comparison Tool to run.

When you say that you can install the package separately, do you mean you are able to do this in R (the same R version or in Alteryx outside of the Model Comparison Tool? If you navigate to the library folder (C:/Program Files/Alteryx/R-3.2.3/library) is there a folder named ROCR? Do you have permission to add or delete files from that folder?

Thanks!

SydneyF - Customer Support Engineer

Highlighted
Atom

Hi SydneyF,

I found out that I have exactly below detailed firewall and proxy problem.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Model-Comparison/56bbd3013df7da08b8fcd00a

To use this macro, and additional R packages (ROCR) needs to be installed. The link below provides instructions on how to install R packages that can be accessed by Alteryx. The macro will attempt to install the needed R packages if they are not already installed, but this may be prevented by certain firewalls and proxy servers.

However, when I try to "install R packages app" then I face with below version problem.

Failure to Import C:\Users\KARTAYI1\Downloads\Install+R+Packages (1).yxzp.
There was an error opening "C:\Users\KARTAYI1\Downloads\Install+R+Packages (1)\Install R Packages.yxwz": This document was created by a more recent version of this application and cannot be read.

Do you recommend any other solution?

Thanks in advance,

Stella

Highlighted
Atom

Hi,

I am getting an error message while I am trying to use Model Comparison tool.

The error as follows: "Error: Model Comparison (17): Tool #3: Error in install.packages("ROCR", repos = repo) : paketler yüklenemedi"

"paketler yüklenemedi" can be translated as "packages could not be loaded"

Highlighted
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hi @stella

What version of Alteryx are you currently running? It looks like the Install R Packages App was developed in version 11.0. If you are running a version <11.0, this would cause the "This document was created by a more recent version of this application and cannot be read." message you are seeing. 

I am currently researching the best way to help you get the package installed - I will get back to you shortly

@stellaand @FFMERT,

Are you trying to get the Model Comparison Tool installed on a desktop machine, or on a server?

Also, have either of you tried the solution posted for this discussion?

2018-01-16_16-11-04.png

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

There are R pcakage error translations in multiple languages that can be implemented to Alteryx;

Here is a Turkish one... http://mtweb.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mus/bin/install_R/R-3.1.1/src/library/base/po/tr.po

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

pasting the package directories under Alteryx R directories works perfectly...

Labels