Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Model Comparison not appearing in predictive tab

sarhadmac
7 - Meteor

I have downloaded the Model Comparison tool from the below link, and I ran it on Alteryx. It asked me to auotodownload several things, which I did. Then I ran the macro using the play button. However, the icon of Model Comparison is not visible in the predictive tab.  https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Model-Comparison/56bbd3013df7da08b8fcd00a 

I am running Alteryx Version 11.3.3.30523 and R Version: R-3.3.2

16 REPLIES 16
sarhadmac
7 - Meteor
No, it runs in administrator mode automatically.
I have tested in both closed and opened ways, it did not work.

--

*Sarhad 'mac' Arisdakessian*"The question of whether machines can think...
is about as relevant as the question of whether submarines can swim." -
Edsger W. Dijkstra
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sarhadmac

Have you closed the instance of Alteryx and re-opened? 

Do you have admin or non-admin version of the Alteryx Designer?

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sarhadmac

Let's try use the sample module to install the macro. Please find it attached.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

sarhadmac
7 - Meteor

Hi @JordanB

I have downloaded what you sent and opened it in Alteryx. It runs fine, but still the Model Comparison Logo does not appear in the predictive tab.

sarhadmac
7 - Meteor

Still not working. Any ideas?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is it searchable in your global search bar within the Alteryx designer?

If you open the macro (Right click on macro>>open) can you click on the white canvas and the go to meta info in the configuration panel. What do you see in the tool palette section?

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

sarhadmac
7 - Meteor

Is it searchable in your global search bar within the Alteryx designer?

No, its not.

If you open the macro (Right click on macro>>open) can you click on the white canvas and the go to meta info in the configuration panel. What do you see in the tool palette section?

Yes I can, check the attached photo.

sarhadmac
7 - Meteor

Worked after using the following 

Hi Saritha,

I was able to run your workflow after removing the formula tool, therefore, we can rule out your workflow as the cause of the problem. I then tried removing and readding the Model Comparison tool and got it work again. So can you please try the following steps:

1. Go to Options - User Settings - Edit User Settings - Macros, click the minus sign to remove Macros path;
  2. Then go here14 to download the Model Comparison tool
  3. Go to the folder where you saved your Model Comparison tool, click it to launch in Alteryx
  4. In the "Import Workflow Package" dialog box, click on the disk icon to save the files, then click Import. Click Yes when prompted
  5. Run the new workflow
  6. Then go to Edit User Settings again and click on the add sign then choose the path where you saved all the files above.

Then the tool should be available under Predictive in Altyerx. Let me know if you have any further questions.

dzhu002
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I did not see "Import Workflow Package" dialogue from "File". I have a trial version. Does that matter?

Labels