Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing table or sheetname in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

Could someone give advice on how to fix the error as shown in the screenshot below?

Jacob_94_0-1615362259444.png

7 REPLIES 7
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SH_94 this is because the Table and Sheetname fields are not coming into the tool in the workflow. Have you checked whether these exist?

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @RishiK ,

I actually recopied the workflow that i had done before into another tab in the alteryx. However, i have changed the destination of the files saved.

May i know how can i check whether it is exist or not for the table ans sheetname?

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SH_94 what version of Designer are you using?

You can click on the canvas and Ctrl-F - this will let you search for fields in the workflow.

If you attach the workflow over to me I can have a look at it for you also.

mihaicom20
8 - Asteroid

@SH_94  try to use some browse tools, in order to see where this two col. disappeared or if you can share the workflow 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @SH_94 

This error occurs often when you copy stuff from one Alteryx flow to another - because when you copy it, you may not have the same tools setup in the same way.

What this error is telling you is that in the old workflow you had an e-mail table called "Table" where in the new workflow you don't have one called "Table" - it may be called Table2 or something else.

• To find out what your table is now callled - just use a browse tool immediately after the e-mail table
  • You can use a select tool to rename the table tool
  • You can use the drop-down in the layout tool to pick the new name for the table tool.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @SeanAdams ,

Thanks a lot for the great input.

I would like to clarify with you on the below queries:

1.Do you have any suggestion on how to prevent this error? Is there any way that we can copy the workflow and at the same time no error pop out? Or the only way is we must change the tools setup accordingly.

2. May i know which one is called E-mail table? As i think i didn't use it in my workflow.

Thank you.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @SH_94 ,

1. The way to prevent this error is to copy the entire workflow, but that probably won't help since you may not need the entire workflow.    The error is not a big issue - just select the correctly named table.

2. The table tool is the one in the reporting tab called "table".   The eMail tool is the one in the reporting tab called "eMail"

Labels