Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing records after Join tool

rdeshpande
7 - Meteor

Hello

I have attached my workflow. After the Join tool, some records are missing. e.g., Sales Document 334832848. I can see the information in the left and right input. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
DQAUDIT
9 - Comet

@rdeshpande ,

I'm unable to open these files per my company's rules on this laptop.  That being said give the following suggestions a try:

1) Double check the fields you're using in your join criteria are the intended fields.

2) Take some sample data and dump into Excel, a text editor, or something and place the values side by side and see if there is anything different.  For example, trailing white spaces could cause a problem and might highlight a need for using a Data Cleansing Tool prior to the join.

3) Check data types.  It's always good practice to join using congruent data types

4) For Date Joins - make sure the same format is being used, and also make sure the Left and Right data sets are using the same data types.

Good luck.

Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Hi

This is because your search on the Join tool is not being executed on "All" records, if you apply a "Filter" tool after the join, you can see the record.  After joining, you can see 1901 entries, which means you have all the records from the left side.  But, your search is happening only on the first 1321 records.

You would also be able to see this record in after Join tool if you can reduce the number of rows ( <1321) before joining.

Tyro_abc_0-1630295725899.png

Regards

Arundhuti

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @rdeshpande ,

would advise you to use BROWSE tool to debug your outputs while development.

In Production, you can then disable all the BROWSE tools used in your workflow as they tend to slow down the processing.

Regards,

Shreyansh

rdeshpande
7 - Meteor

Thank you. I realize that mistake. Appreciate the response

Labels