Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing macros when multiple people cooperate

TRM
6 - Meteoroid

We are multiple people working on tje same workflow, we are using GIT, to version control.

The problem occurs when:

Person "A" creates a workflow, adds a macro and  uploads it to GIT.

Person "B" Pulls the GIT repository, opens the workflow, and the macro is now missing.

The macro is at the same relative path, for each person.

Why is it not working?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Best regards 3P Technology

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TRM 

Just a wild guess, are they using the same setting for Macros?

Qiu_0-1614338844273.png

TRM
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response

unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

Macros are stile saved with a full path:

TRM_0-1615197745190.png

In the user settings I have specified what folder macros, is located within.

Does the person saving the workflow, have to specifiy the macro path, before saving, or is it just relevant when the other person is loading the workflow?

Any other idea about how to fix it?

Best regards 3P technology

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @TRM ,

Have you tried saving the macros with relative pahths then and they reset to full pahts? If not, relative paths may solve the problem.

Another thing would be an issue if you are working with different alteryx versions. Is everyone you are collaborating with using the same version?

Regards

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TRM 
Not really sure what is your practice there, but here is what we do, and it works just fine.

1. The workflow and macro are in the same folder

2. Use Insert option to insert the macro into workflow

3 Export as package, send the package to other person and it works just fine.

A1.PNGA2.png

TRM
6 - Meteoroid

Hello afv2688

No i don't know how to save macros with relative paths. How is this done?

Within the designer when i click on a macro, i can't find the field where the path is specified, so i am having trouble, trouble shooting.

We might have been using different versions, yes, however i can not confirm this before tomorrow.

Thansk for the answer

Best regards 3P technology

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @TRM ,

in the options menu, on advanced options you will see "workflow dependencies". You can set up there the relative paths for the macro.

On the other hand, when collaborating with other people, those who have the oldest alteryx versions should be the one having the issues.

When you open a workflow which has been created on a more recent version, a message pops up asking if you want to open it. With the macros, the same issue happens. You would neet first to downgrade the macros by opening them and saving them to avoid the issue. Once the macros have been downgraded this should be corrected.

Regards

Labels