Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing labels on Map

Newt
8 - Asteroid

I want to put text labels (addresses) next to the points on a map created by feeding the Report Map tool four centroids located in San Francisco.  No combination of choices seems to work.

In other cases, I've successfully putting text labels on points in one layer, if the other layer is a set of polygons for the area.

Are polygon spatial objects required for labeling of points to succeed?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

David

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Newt 
I failed either.
really want to see how it can be done.

DataNath
17 - Castor

I'm a little confused @Newt, this is just a slight adaption of your flow - what additional info are you wanting labelled on here? Thanks

DataNath_0-1667287903792.png

Newt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the solution.  I naively thought that in layer #1, if I said I wanted the "label" to be the text address, then it would put the text address on the map as the label for the point.  It did not, as you can see from my attempt.

Apparently, one has to create a second layer, and *again* tell it to use the text address as the label, and this will make the label actually show up.

Sorry for the bitterness...  I spent many hours trying to get the "label" in layer #1 to actually be shown on the map as the label.

Your rescued me so I am very grateful.

David

Labels