Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing Save and Cancel Button in Table or Specify Query

TJ1
7 - Meteor

Missing the Option to Save or Cancel. I have tried expanding the page and changing my desk top setting.  I have also tried to close and open Alteryx and even reinstall it but it still does not show. It wont allow my to make any changes to the inputs. Other information boxes have all options but not this one box. HELP ME OBI-ONE KENOBI YOUR MY ONLY HOPE. 

Capture.PNG 

8 REPLIES 8
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Quick starting question - can you click on the "SQL Editor" at the top, and does that cause these buttons to show up?

What version of Alteryx are you running?

TJ1
7 - Meteor

Yes I can click and edited the buttons and fields displayed. I am using 11.7 Designer. 

Claje
14 - Magnetar

So - if you can click on the "SQL Editor" and buttons show up, can you now click "Ok"?  The SQL Editor should do basically the same thing as the Table selector - although it is a little more powerful, you don't need to use that power.

ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

+1 to Claje's answer.

Also, for logging and troubleshooting - what datasource are you connecting to in this situation? Have you tested other data sources and if so, does the issue exist there too?

TJ1
7 - Meteor

No buttons at the bottom show up. I can only select Tables, Visual Query builder (If I have a Query Saved), Stored Procedures, and SQL Editor. I can edited each filed but cannot save. 

TJ1
7 - Meteor

I have tested other data sources and the problem still remains. I tried my desktop, share drives and servers and all do the same. Capture1.PNG

TJ1
7 - Meteor

The solution was to change the font size of my display. I had to default my main screen to 100% instead of 125%. 

Skytop
5 - Atom

Hi,

How did you reset/change the resolution of your main screen to 100%? Thanks!

Labels