Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing Macro for Association Analysis Tool

cs11
8 - Asteroid

Has anyone received a 'cannot find macro' error when using an Alteryx tool, in this case, the Association Analysis Tool? Is there a solution? The file Association_Analysis_Batch.yxmc does appear to be in the Alteryx subdirectory: R-3.6.3/plugin/macros/predictive tools/supporting_macros/association_analysis_batch.yxmc

cs11_0-1600837145589.png

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @cs11 - If you had R Predictive Tools installed, I suggest you to re-install them. Otherwise, please download and install predictive tools.

cs11
8 - Asteroid

Basically now no Data Investigation tools are working. Did the download and install and it appears I had an older package, so the update installed. After the update, however, almost all tools displayed the missing macro error that I'd had previously only with the Association Tool. So I deleted the predictive tools macro folder per the guidance here (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Uninstall-Predictive-Analytic-Tools/td...), to attempt to reinstall again (the exe file will not over-right an install of the same version) however this does not seem to work - the exe file will still not install. For some reason the Predictive tools exe still recognizes that the current version of the predictive tools is installed even though all the macros are now gone.

next, as near as i can tell, is to redownload/reinstall Alteryx Designer in the hope that this eliminates whatever flag is indicating that Predictive tools are installed. If you have other recommendations please let me know.

It seems like it would be better to build the installer such that it would allow over-right of a current version of Predictive Tools.

cs11
8 - Asteroid

Reinstalling both Alteryx Designer and Predictive Tools solved the issue.

Labels