Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing Macro error after Rename - The Entry point is invalid.

hungdm
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow to import multiple sheets from multiple excel files which have different schema.

And after I renamed the macros, there're some following error notifications require config Engine DLL or Entry Point? (I'm not sure): 

2.png

3.png

The above error message is similar to a case:

1. when I exported a workflow package *.yxzp (with macro) to the Windows Download Folder, then Alteryx later notified the macro was missing,

2. after exporting the package to a whole new blank folder, the errors suddenly disappeared.

what is the real root causing these types of error? and how we can fix?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hungdm ,

Related to the macro renaming, when you do that, the workflow automatically loses track of your macro due to its link to it.

You can see at: Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies.

fmvizcaino_0-1582881445041.png

Bottom line, you can't rename a macro or you will lose its links and you will need to insert once again.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

hungdm
8 - Asteroid

hi @fmvizcaino 

1. it means: basically, there's no way to update the macro dependencies, right?

2. Is there anything I can do with the configuration menu in the photo attached above?

3.In what cases else Alteryx will display similar error message? could you give me more info about that? 

Thanks!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hungdm ,

One option is to copy and rename the macro, update the macro dependencies and then delete your previous macro. 

Other cases are also related to your workflow dependencies as well.

When you insert a macro that is in the same folder as your workflow, Alteryx automatically fill the dependency as 'test.yxmc'.

In this case, if you move your workflow to another folder and your macro isn't there, it will also not find your macro since it is searching in the exact same folder as your workflow are.

To guarantee your workflow will search in the right path, you can use the absolute path as image below. In this case, you can use a standard folder for all your macros.

fmvizcaino_1-1582883258665.png

Also, there is a way of configuring that standard folder to show as a category in Alteryx designer (for those who also configured in their designer as well).

fmvizcaino_2-1582883411089.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

hungdm
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino 

That's why sometimes I don't see any instances of Macro in the Dependencies, right?

anw. Thank you a lot for your kindly support!

Labels