Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mirroring Excel totals, previous week percentage differences and calculating grand totals

ccano
8 - Asteroid

My boss has asked me to automate an excel file he originally composed manually. This includes percentage differences, negative and positive indicators (color correlated) , totals, grand totals, and percent differences from when this first file was composed. 

I've managed to accurately generate the aging buckets totals and grand totals.  But when generating the percentages and their associated indicators + the layout of the whole thing.....Well....It's become very difficult to emulate these lingering portions.  Here is a small example of what I'm trying to obtain....

ccano_0-1626805516739.png

ccano_1-1626805664141.png

4 REPLIES 4
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ccano 

This can definitely be done. Did you know that you can copy and paste special characters from the Character Map into the Formula Tool?

Maskell_Rascal_0-1626808861740.png

You'll notice that the bottom formula is converting the numbers that represent my percentages over to a report ready format. This has to be done, while maintaining the original column so I have something to reference in the table tool when applying conditional formatting. 

Now we can connect to the table tool and setup our formatting:

Maskell_Rascal_1-1626809172236.png

Maskell_Rascal_2-1626809199483.png

The output looks like this:

Maskell_Rascal_3-1626809246483.png

Attached is a sample workflow for you to try out. 

If this solves the problem please mark answer as correct, if not let me know!

Cheers!

Phil

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Thats neat @Maskell_Rascal  🙂👍

ccano
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Phil @Maskell_Rascal , this is very cool!  I was wondering in this case, how can I obtain the % differences from each sectors "improvement" week over week? And also , how can I get the percentage difference from Day 1, when the file was originated? I've tried several calculations but all end up failing. 

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@ccano both of those should be possible to calculate using some DateTime functions, but it all depends on how your data is structured prior to you outputting it to the reporting tools. 

Labels