Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mindtwister filling in rows based on columns

pvara
8 - Asteroid

Need some help trying to fill-in data based Parent ID, BeginDoc, and EndDoc.

Essentially I am trying to group ~Parent ID by Creating a Column (BeginAttach/EndAttach) sequencing based on BeginDoc highlighted in Red, then when ParentID does not equal previous value take EndDoc highlighted in Red.

See sample I am open to any creative ideas.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @pvara,

Are you just looking for a table with ParentID/BeginDoc/EndDoc? So, like below...

ParentID_Table.png

If so, then a summarize tool with Group By: ParentID, First: BeginDoc, Last: EndDoc will do the trick.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@pvara,

I solved this very much like @KaneG.  I transformed the docs from strings to numbers using a regular expression that looks for numbers after the underscore.  I then found the minimum doc begin and the maximum doc end by parent.  I joined the results and got your solution.  My data is sorted in parentid order, so you'll see a slight difference in output.

Capture.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
pvara
8 - Asteroid

Thank you everyone, I love the alteryx community forum.

Labels