Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Migrate files of different schemas from one folder to another

E_Sinha_home
7 - Meteor

Hello

I have around 200 csv files (each with a different data structure). I want Alteryx to pull each file (one at a time), take the 1st row as header, and then save that file in another folder (for example say in the Output folder).
Then again take the 2nd file and perform the steps and save, then again the 3rd and so on.

Is this possible?

Note: I tried doing this using batch macro. But the issue that i am facing is that the data is getting stacked one below the other and so for every output data i am having n number of columns with nulls.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @E_Sinha_home,

Can you provide a sample of  data in a couple of dissimilar files and how you would like it to look in the output file?

E_Sinha_home
7 - Meteor

Hey @T_Willins,

PFA 2 sample input files.. I want the outputs as the output files attached herein.

Thanks!

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @E_Sinha_home,

A batch macro will work, but instead of outputting to a Macro Output tool, it uses a standard Output Data tool to create a new file for each batch.  I used the Input Data tool to skip the first row, then used a Formula tool to update the filepath for the output.  Look at the configuration of the Input Data tool and the Output Data tool for the correct configurations.

Update data and save file.jpg

Update data and save file 2.jpg

E_Sinha_home
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much ! That wonderfully works ! 🙂

Labels