Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Might be a very silly question - re. date selector tool

kkkim
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Newbie here...

I've tried using date tool to allow user to select date to filter for a specific date. However, I don't understand the tool. 

On the action button

Expression - value="[Dates] = "2017-12-31"

How does that "2017-12-31" become dynamic? I see replace a specific string also notates "2017-12-31". Does this become dynamic based on the date you select on the calendar?

I tried running and dynamic field does not pick up the date that I selected. Seems so simple but what am I doing wrong?

I've looked at all the examples posted already. Am I just not running it correctly?

Please advise! Thank you!!!

1 REPLY 1
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @kkkim,

Tick the wand icon in the date picker example to see it working:

IraWatt_0-1652191790415.png

notice when you select a date that date will appear in the true output for the brows, if that date is not in the data you will just see the false output (all the data). How it works is you are replacing that specific string in the filter tool "2017-12-31" with the value you selected from the date picker. Meaning the workflow dynamically updates the filter from your selection.

Any questions make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

Labels