Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Microsoft Excel vs Microsoft Excel Legacy with 1/1/1900

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

When trying to write the date 1/1/1900 to an xlsx file (using the standard date format of 1900-01-01), the "Microsoft Excel (xlsx)" driver throws an error (ConvError: Output Data (7): Invalid date value encountered - earliest date supported is 12/30/1899 error in field: Field1 record number: 2) and outputs a blank instead of the correct 1/1/1900. If I switch to the "Microsoft Excel Legacy (xlsx)", then it correctly outputs as 1/1/1900 and there are no conversion errors. Is there any chance that the "Microsoft Excel (xlsx)" driver can be fixed so that it outputs 1/1/1900 just like the legacy driver? I've attached a simple example. Thanks for any feedback

2 REPLIES 2
kevinbird15
9 - Comet

Definitely seems like a bug to me.  Probably a <= somewhere in the code where it should be <.  Good Find!

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Thanks for the comments on this. Please see Ned's explanation for this behavior here: http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/What-date-ranges-are-allowed-issues-readin....

Best,

Alex

Labels