Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Microsoft Access - Write Export Table

laurap
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

Im not sure whether it is possible, but I would like to export a file, but write it to an existing database creating a new table. As far as I'm aware the 'In-Database' tools have no option for Microsoft Access Database. I also tried the'Output Data' option but that writes to a new database only? 

Any help help on whether it is possible would be great! 

Many thanks

Laura 

2 REPLIES 2
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Laura,

It looks like you need to follow the instructions on this other Community page (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Microsoft-Access-accdb-Input/ta-p/34051) in order to download the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components. 

Once you've done this, the .accdb format becomes available in the Output Data tool and you can write out to specific tables in your database. I'm attaching a tiny example of using an Analytic App to allow a user to change which table the results get sent to. Let me know if that helps?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
laurap
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Nick 

Thank you very much for the help. It worked and managed to get the result I was after. 

Many thanks

Laura

Labels