Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Method for paging REST API results

GreggD
8 - Asteroid
I have over 30,000 records I need to retrieve via my Rest API call, however my REST API limits the number of records we can return to 1,000 records. SO I need create a paging solution. In a regular procedural language I would use control flow logic like a WHILE loop to control pulling 900 records at a time, until I reach the last record and then stop. Is there a way to accomplish the same thing in Alteryx? Thanks in advance!
13 REPLIES 13
GreggD
8 - Asteroid
Guess I don't have permissions here to attach things. Wonder why.... I see others attach screenshots to their posts. It acts like it was ok with accepting my attachments, however nothing uploads. Any ideas?
GreggD
8 - Asteroid

I my issue with uploading attachments to my post was a browser issue. Apparently you need chrome to upload attachments.
Attached is what my IntefaceDesigner looks like when trying to configure the Iteration Macro.

GreggD
8 - Asteroid

Attached is my workflow.
I am hoping someone can see what I am doing wrong.

There appears to be a correlation between my workflow and the Interface Designer, however I don't know what it is. Is there anyone who can help me connect the dots. I just need to understand what Interface Designer is expecting so I can give it what it is looking for.

GreggD
8 - Asteroid

Ok - after a lot of searching I finally found the following video in the Alteryx Academy that helped me to at least get the basics down:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Iterative-Macro/m-p/55565

Labels