Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Metadata not flowing through batch macro?

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

Annotation 2021-03-03 105150.png

I inherited a workflow with a batch macro (middle tool). I have added fields upstream but they are not showing downstream from macro or within the macro when I click on it.

It's an analytic app too, so running doesn't seem to push the metadata through.

How do I force metadata for these columns through?

3 REPLIES 3
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Joshman108 ,

I believe the macro was built on a specific datai nput template.

If you add fields to your input data that will not be auto read by the macro. your Datainput template will also needs to be updated from within the macro.

Well, I suggest open the macro and update the macro input with the latest set of fields.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Joshman108 

There's a few things to check on the macro which you'll need to open the macro to do:

- Macro Input: Show FIeld Map must be deselected. When a field map is applied to the macro input, the user is required to map the fields the macro was configured with. You can check if this is enabled by clicking on the inserted macro and see if you're prompted with dropdowns for each field, or open the macro and look at the Macro Input tool to see if the checkbox is selected.When this feature is enabled, only the mapped fields will be passed through the input. 

- "Dynamic or Unknown Fields" This optional section is a part of many tools (Select, Join, and so on). You'll need to make sure that all tools in the macro have this selected to allows new fields to pass through. 

As always check before making changes to macros that might be shared or used by other processes to ensure you're not adversely affecting the functionality of the macro in other applications. 

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

Beautiful, I didn't realize it worked like that,

Thanks

Labels