Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Metadata for downstream tools not getting updated

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

Recently i have been facing this issue a lot because the workflows i have been working have large number of tools and macros and multiple database connections (inputs and outputs), because of which it is not always possible to run the worflow in designer to just get the metadata flow through entire workflow for any small changes i need to do in the workflow.

Wondering if there is an easier/aalternative way to update metadata through the workflow, without actually running it on designer once?

Example - The new fields that i added in my input file are showing in the Select tool and then also showing in the configuration window of Join tool, but the tools after that Join tool are not showing these new fields even when i have Selected these fields in Join configuration. I believe it will start showing once i am able to run the workflow on designer, but like i said its just too difficult to manage the workflow with too many inputs and outputs.

1 REPLY 1
csmith11
11 - Bolide

Unfortunately, due to the use of macros and other specific tools the only way to load the meta data is to run the workflow.

Some tips to reduce runtime on the workflow are: (Each of these Tips allow the appropriate Field Meta Data to flow through, so you are able to continue editing your workflow)

1.Record Limit for All inputs

2. Disable All Tools that Write Output

csmith11_0-1631623818693.png

3. Run and Cache the workflow.

csmith11_0-1631623881681.png

If this reply is helpful, please consider marking it as the solution to help other community users.

Labels