Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Metadata and information in the select tool not matching

trixie1893
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm using a Dynamic rename tool on my workflow and in the results pane and the metadata it seems to work, however when I add a select tool afterwards it shows the old field names not the new ones. why would it do this and is there a way to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
JimC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @trixie1893 ,
Not sure how that is happening? Are you using the Dynamic Rename in Formula mode, Add Prefix/Suffix, Remove Prefix/Suffix or in Left-Right mode? I've done a little testing trying to recreate the issue and wasn't able to. Maybe with a little more information we can solve the issue.

Sincerely,

- Jim Cronin

trixie1893
5 - Atom

Hi,

I’m using the use right input for field names option. the odd thing is that its not always wrong the first time I click on the select tool. Its only after I select the browse tool then go back to the select tool that it is wrong and then the ouptut in the reporting option comes out in the wrong order as it orders it wrong based on the wrong field names.

JimC
6 - Meteoroid

@trixie1893 ,

Your experience with the tool is really strange. I don't have a ton of experience with the tool, but have been playing around with it a little bit. I might suggest identifying the "old" field names in the column rename input (right side). And then use the tool option to rename based on the "old field name" id field.
fieldrename.PNG

Labels