Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Meta-Data from the Email tool to confirm it was sent

LauraMendes
7 - Meteor

Hello Community members!

I am currently creating a workflow which collates emails to be sent and records when they were sent. Is there a way to extract meta-data from the email tool/log files/XLS to confirm the email was definitely sent? Currently I rely on the workflow writing to a table and recording the email sent date but if the table fails to write the email can still be sent - this may end up in sending duplicate emails because i have no record of the email being sent.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thank you 

Laura

2 REPLIES 2
jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

email deliverability aside, you can set the workflow to run a subsequent workflow after completion through events.

The email tool waits for the entire workflow to run before sending, so there isn't a way to natively check the email THEN write to a database table unless you have another workflow and you run the conditional runner macro (see Crew Macro package) or you run an event. 

One way to run with event is to write a temp yxdb right before the email output, then through an event run another workflow that picks that yxdb up and inserts into the database you are referring to above. I recommend Crew Macros though for the conditional runner. 

LauraMendes
7 - Meteor

Thank you Jarrod! Its very useful to know that the email will not send until the entire workflow completes. Using this knowledge, I will split the workout into two (as suggested) and make them sequential (we already use the Crew list runner). 

Thanks so much!!

Labels