Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging some output files become 1 file output

Lydieatantra
7 - Meteor

Dear Alteryx Team,

Currently from my workflow i have 2 output files.

The question is can i merge the 2 output files become 1 output file only with 2 different worksheet from each file output ?

Lydieatantra_0-1596687033390.jpeg

Thank you.

Lydiea

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Lydieatantra , here is my approach towards your problem. please refer to the screenshot.

grazitti_sapna_0-1596687835447.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1596687845205.png

You need to configure your output tool with same filename and different sheet name as used in the screenshots above in order to store both the outputs in same file but different sheets.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @Lydieatantra - the only thing I would add to @grazitti_sapna's solution would be a suggestion to use a Block Until Done tool right before each Output Data tool. This will prevent each output from attempting to be simultaneously written to the same Excel file (which can produce an error). This is a good rule of thumb to use any time you have multiple Output Data tools writing to the same file(s).

Lydieatantra
7 - Meteor

Hi @joshbennett ,

Could you please tell how to put the Block Untik Done tools ?

If i use the file name and put the different worksheet name, is there any chance to create the error data ?

Please correct me if im wrong to put the Block Until Done as per screen shoot below :

Lydieatantra_0-1596694393581.png

Thank you.

Lydiea

joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@Lydieatantra 

You have it correct - Block Until Done requires no configuration, so that should allow you to output multiple sheets to the same Excel file within the same workflow without encountering an error.

Lydieatantra
7 - Meteor

@joshbennett ,

Thank you for your advise.

Regards,

Lydiea

Labels