Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging multiple sheets based on ID and condition

Chauche
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I am working on consolidating my workflow results into one Master Identifier sheet but has few conditions.

1) If workflow result have header with "%Field ID" then it should pick up value against the Identifier in the Master Identifier file

2) If workflow result header doesn't contain "%Field ID" and if it find value against Identifier then it should populate "Yes" or "No" as applicable in the Master Identifier File.

SRB, MLT, EBA and FIN are my workflow results which need to be consolidated in Master_identifier file

Sample of required result can be found in Result Sheet.

Hope I am clear in my ask. Please let me know your thoughts and share the sample flow file.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Podoseb0
7 - Meteor

Hi, not sure if I'm getting your request right, see the workflow attached.

Basically, the logic I followed is:

if for example FIN has the identifier but there is no value for it, it should show "Yes". If an identifier is present in the Master_identifier but not in FIN, it should show "No". Correct?

Chauche
7 - Meteor

Hi @Podseb0,

Yes, you understanding is correct. but I am not able to import your sheet in Alteryx. 

Podoseb0
7 - Meteor

What do you mean you can't import it? Does it give you some kind of error?

It's a package created on Alteryx 2022.1. If you're on an older version, you should still be aple to open it (although getting some errors because of a different version).

Or you can just change the file extension to .zip, extract the content and then open the workflow you find inside.

Chauche
7 - Meteor

Hi @Podoseb0

Thanks for the help I could import that.

Apologies, for the FIN data actually that have values. The workflow should input "Y" if it finds value against any Identifier in Master File.

Please find the correct attach.

Thanks

Podoseb0
7 - Meteor

Oh ok, then you're looking for something like this as a result, correct? (worklow attached)

2022-07-14_17-32-39.png

Labels