Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging multiple documents into one, but need some type of vlookup functionality for final

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

So I've been scouring the boards trying to find the one solution that works for me...I know I'm close...

I've used joins and unions and just can't seem to get it right. I am merging two documents with a 'Patron Code' and a 'Customer Name' tied together in two seperate columns. Once I have those two columns apended to each other, I need to look against a third document and if a patron code from the previous merged document IS there, I want that to come out on the report with ALL the data that is on the third document. Any suggestion would be helpful

dberroth_0-1579814973345.png

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dberroth ,

If I understood your problem right, you can solve it by adding a join tool after your union tool using the patron code as a key field. Would that work for you? If not, please share a bit more detail about your problem, please.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! I knew I was close, had a few things twisted around. Appreciate your help!

Labels