Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging a certain set of rows that matches a criteria into one single row

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Hi All. I am trying to build a workflow that would merge a certain set of rows that matches a criteria into one single row. I have attached a dummy input and desired output. Any help would really appreciate. 

18 REPLIES 18
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @SCK — Can you please check if the files are correct? I just noticed your output file and found as below:

vizAlter_0-1598699854000.png

SCK
8 - Asteroid

This is how I want my output to look like. It's basically the merge function in excel.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

And, what about -ve values in the "Difference" column?

SCK
8 - Asteroid

So, basically I subtracted the marks obtained from passing marks column, I can have it other way round too. Like instead of [passing marks] -[marks obtained] I can have  [marks obtained] - [passing marks] like in input file

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

I can have  [marks obtained] - [passing marks] like in input file

How, can +ve and -ve results could be in one single column when there is no condition; just a simple subtract?

Can you please provide us the Input file with your formulas in the "Difference" column?

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Here, I have revised my input file to match the formula as per my output

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Now, your Input.xlsx makes sense (and totally difference what you posted in the 1st post here).

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Yeah, I got what you were saying. Is it posible to make it work?

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@SCK — Here we go...

vizAlter_0-1598701456165.png

Labels