Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging Files from diff sub-folders

canitesh
6 - Meteoroid

How do i merge multiple same files which are located in sub-folders

10 REPLIES 10
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @canitesh 

You can directory tool and configure to include sub directory and read them using dynamic input tool or other options. Refer below post it might help you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

MatthiasSeil
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Directory tool can also pull the filepaths from subfolders:

MatthiasSeil_0-1626953980955.png

You'd then specify the needed full paths and use a dynamic input tool for loading it.

If this is an acceptable solution for you, please mark it as solved as it helps Alteryx to differentiate between open and closed cases.

Thanks

Matthias

canitesh
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, I was able to merge those files from all sub-folders. But i need to add the file name in one of the columns so that i can differentiate each merged file. basically my files names are date wise so when i merge i should be able to figure out which date it is. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @canitesh 

You can configure output filename as field both in input or dynamic input tool to get filename or fullpath.

atcodedog05_0-1626956394442.png

Hope this helps : )

canitesh
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry, this option comes when we use INPUT DATA. Right now i am using Directory-->Dynamic Output-->Browse. So where do i get option of Include File name as column.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @canitesh 

You will get this option in dynamic input tool while setting the template.

canitesh
6 - Meteoroid

Can you help me with a screenshot pls?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @canitesh,

Sure here it is. When you set template by clicking on edit you will get this window where you set the template file where you can configure to output filename.

atcodedog05_0-1626957727487.png

Hope this helps : )

canitesh
6 - Meteoroid

You are just Amazing. Very kind of you.

Labels