Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging 3 columns into 1

soncoku
9 - Comet

Greetings everyone.

I have 3 columns. If a row in one of them has value, then the other 2 are empty. It is also possible that all 3 could be empty.
Any ideas on how to merge them all together in one column.

11.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Drussek
9 - Comet

You can use formula tool:

[col1]+[col2]+[col3]

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @soncoku,

Please check if it works for you.

markcurry
12 - Quasar

You can merge these with a formula tool, either add a new column, or update one of the existing ones.  Just add the formula...

[Currency] + [Currency Card] + [Currency Card]

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @soncoku,

If you want to do it fully dynamically you could transpose your data and summarize to find the max value for each?

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1598542933296.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @soncoku 

1. Add a RecordID, then transpose with RecordID as Key field.

2. Use a formula tool, Select [Name] and in the Expression Window type "New Currency" to replace all Old Column Names with "New Currency"

3. Add CrossTab Tool, select RecordID as Group field, Name for Column headers, Value for Values and Concatenate for Aggregation method.

Labels