Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

McAfee Blocking Email tool

RPM
8 - Asteroid

Been getting bounced around from support team to support team for weeks to get the outgoing emails going. Now they are saying we'll need to get a certificate updated in Mcafee. When I look at the log, it is classying Alteyrx as a risk "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending emails." I'm going to keep pursuing folks in my company to get it whitelisted but is there anything that can be done directly with McAfee? Thanks.

AccessProtectionLog

12/24/2015 9:40:33 AM Blocked by port blocking rule C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALTERYX\BIN\ALTERYXENGINECMD.EXE Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 
12/24/2015 9:50:56 AM Blocked by port blocking rule C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALTERYX\BIN\ALTERYXENGINECMD.EXE Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 
12/24/2015 9:55:27 AM Blocked by port blocking rule C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALTERYX\BIN\ALTERYXENGINECMD.EXE Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 
12/24/2015 9:57:47 AM Blocked by port blocking rule C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALTERYX\BIN\ALTERYXENGINECMD.EXE Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 

2 REPLIES 2
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi RPM,

have you tried using a defined SMTP server? It is hard for me to recreate because I do not have McAfee installed. Could you maybe post your configuration of the email tool?

Best regards,

Daniel

RPM
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Dan. We had tried using a set path and port as oppposed the auto-detect but didn't have luck. The issue has now been resolved. Our IT team was able to add alteryxgui.exe to the McAfee exception list. Thank you.

Labels