Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Matrices

zkhadi
7 - Meteor

Hi Team, 

Can someone please help me with the below? 

This is slightly complicated.... Instead of using the formula (Alteryx attached below) to give me the IM column results I would like to use the text column to get the same result. (IM Column)

I am not sure how I can connect my text input data with the workflow to give me the IM Column results? 

2 REPLIES 2
danrh
13 - Pulsar

A Formula might be the easiest way, but if you want to manage it through a Text Input you could use something along these lines:

image.png

This adds all the thresholds to every record, checks which thresholds are less than the Days column, and grabs the largest threshold.  The RecordID tool is just to provide a unique field for the Unique tool --- if you have another field(s) that make each record unique, you can use those instead and eliminate the RecordID.

zkhadi
7 - Meteor

many thanks !

Labels