Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Matching two lists of name

gin_nguyen
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

i have question about matching two list of name. let say i have list name A (company name) and list name B (also company name). the names are not 100% the same.

I tried simple fuzzy match but i get the wrong setting or something, nothing comes out.

what is the easy way to do the matching and see if any companies in list A is actually in list B? really appreciate if you can give me a simple workflow.

Thank you for your help.

Happy New Year

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I see a few options here:

1.  If you want to do a straight up character-by-character match, then a join tool would do the trick.

2.  I would suggest fuzzy matching, which admittedly isn't the most user friendly tool.  While I don't have a workflow to give you, I would suggest availing yourself of the many videos found here:  FUZZY MATCH VIDS .  Fuzzy Match takes some practice.

3.  A more simple, but not as effective option is the soundex function.  You could connect a formula tool to each list, take the soundex of each, and join on those soundex values/keys.

Labels