Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Matching challenge

TheDataCleaner
7 - Meteor

Hi All

I am struggling with a matching challenge and hope you guys can help:  For this axample purpose, I have a list of requests from sports clubs that are in need for sports players at different levels. Some of the players cannot play for certain clubs (restricted) and some of the players don't possess the right skill and/or skill level.

For each request , how do I get to see only those players that are 1) not restricted, and 2) have the right sport skill, and 3) have the right skill level?

Have been thinking about this for days how to match each request with the right player(s), but I feel like I am running in circles. So I thought I'd give it a go in the community 🙂

Thank you! Sander

TheDataCleaner_0-1614032439065.png

5 REPLIES 5
mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @TheDataCleaner,

Thank you for sharing the matching challenge. Please see the following workflow:

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 6.47.10 PM.png

The workflow is attached. I hope this helps. Best!

TheDataCleaner
7 - Meteor

Dear Mot, thank you for your help, you're a legend!

Still have to try if this works on larger data set, but I am very happy with the logic of your proposal.

Keep in touch, @TheDataCleaner

mot
11 - Bolide

Here is a workflow where you have a player per row. Best.

TheDataCleaner
7 - Meteor

Thanks!

Last but really last one: you converted columns-to-rows for Beginner level only. If I want to split Intermediate and Professional level to rows as well, do I have to do the same for each of those columns individually, or can that be done in a different way, without causing duplicates?

mot
11 - Bolide

You can do it the same way as well. See the updated workflow. Best.

Labels