Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match on Opposite direction & Non-matching Amounts within tolerance

nsarayar
7 - Meteor

Hi

I'm trying to match on the following - Currency must be the same, Origin must be opposite, Amounts must be opposite directions but can be within 1% tolerance. Could anyone help?

CurrencyOriginAmountMatch ID
USDOur501
USDTheir-501
AUDOur1002
AUDTheir-992
BRLOur203
SAROur-204
3 REPLIES 3
adamorse
9 - Comet

I'm assuming you mean you want to create something like the Match ID field you have in the screenshot? But maybe I'm misunderstanding.

If so, you might try something like:

• filter on [origin]="Our"
  • join the true stream of the filter tool to the false stream on [Currency]=[Currency] so those match
  • filter requiring the absolute value of the left [Amount] field plus the right [Amount] field being less than or equal to 1 (so these are opposites within 1)
  • add a recordID to generate the match ID

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello @nsarayar 

I would agree with @adamorse on the steps, but change one thing. The last filter I would do your 1% calculation. I have attached a workflow with an input toll of your data. I adjusted the data for one row so you could see the 1% tolerance filtering one record out. Hope this helps!

nsarayar
7 - Meteor

Thank you @cplewis90 !! I tried this before seeing your solution in such a roundabout way and your solution worked a treat in a few steps

Labels