Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match negatives numbers with positive numbers

Erike
7 - Meteor

Hi guys,

I have been working with Alteryx for 2 years and have been able to automate many workflows, I'm working on a bigger challenge which would be to automate a reconciliation that has a very large database.
In the attached file I left a small sample, I'm still searching to find the solution, I'm stuck at a point where I should be able to create some columns next to [Local Currency Amount] basically indicating which values of the lines add up to zero in the "Match column".

I can't execute a routine that deletes rows, it's an audit requirement, so the need to create accessory columns.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Erike ,

I just had a look at the sample data you provided. Do you want to identify pairs of records adding up to zero without any other criterion? I've created a workflow to match by amount (amount to reverse amount) and calculated the matching result based on that. Sample workflow is attached. What do you think?

Best regards

Roland

10-10-_2019_17-32-25.png

Erike
7 - Meteor

@RolandSchubert 

Perfect! Thank you so much!!

omesesan
5 - Atom

Hi, thanks for sharing this workflow. Could you please help me incorporate another layer in this workflow?

I tried to eliminate offsetting entries, but at vendor level, the sum does not net to 0 (only when adding up all vendors).

Thanks!

Ovidiu

Labels