Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match negatives numbers with positive numbers

Erike
7 - Meteor

Hi guys,

I have been working with Alteryx for 2 years and have been able to automate many workflows, I'm working on a bigger challenge which would be to automate a reconciliation that has a very large database.
In the attached file I left a small sample, I'm still searching to find the solution, I'm stuck at a point where I should be able to create some columns next to [Local Currency Amount] basically indicating which values of the lines add up to zero in the "Match column".

I can't execute a routine that deletes rows, it's an audit requirement, so the need to create accessory columns.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Erike ,

I just had a look at the sample data you provided. Do you want to identify pairs of records adding up to zero without any other criterion? I've created a workflow to match by amount (amount to reverse amount) and calculated the matching result based on that. Sample workflow is attached. What do you think?

Best regards

Roland

10-10-_2019_17-32-25.png

Erike
7 - Meteor

@RolandSchubert 

Perfect! Thank you so much!!

omesesan
5 - Atom

Hi, thanks for sharing this workflow. Could you please help me incorporate another layer in this workflow?

I tried to eliminate offsetting entries, but at vendor level, the sum does not net to 0 (only when adding up all vendors).

Thanks!

Ovidiu

Labels