Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match multiple fields to a single field in a different input

BeckyS
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I am  setting up a workflow which will allow me to track whether or not we have called a customer. I have two inputs. There is a "calls placed" input which contains only a list of phone numbers we've called and a "customer info" input which has customer ID and associated phone numbers.  For customer phone numbers their are three separate fields: work, cell, and home phone number. I need to see if any of the three phone number fields in the "customer info" input match the phone number field in the "calls placed" input. I don't need to know which phone number was used just whether or not a call was made to the customer. I know I can do successive joins and then union to find out who we did and did not call, but I was wondering if there is a cleaner way to go about this.

Thanks,

Becky

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BeckyS  you could use a transpose tool then you would only need one join. I mocked up a workflow.Transpose.JPG

BeckyS
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks JS420! I don't actually have a customer ID field in the "calls made" input but this still works to match the phone numbers in a single join.

Labels