Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match Rows based on two or more attributes

blitz45
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I want to create a workflow that creates a new column and mark rows that are a match as "Remove" (See below). 

I tried the Unique tool and it's still showing the rows that does have a match under "U".  My goal here is to eliminate rows that do match based on ProductID and User ID.

The best way I know is to create a new column and comment as "Remove" or "Keep".  I have tried concatenating the two columns ([ProductID] + [UserID]) but it's saying the size is too big to run the workflow.

In order to avoid these two options, I am hoping someone could help me?

ProductIDUserIDAccountIDNewColumn
123456SSSNHIL5Remove
123456SSSHEML6Remove
58765445DHLG0Keep
154682LPP554HJRemove
311436GHHSED05Keep
154682LPPGGORemove
745136RRH23DUPKeep

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @blitz45 ,

Sounds like you're on the right track for an easy solution with the Unique tool, but the tool does still include the first instance of that record in the "U" output.  For cases where you'd only want truly unique records, the "Only Unique" macro was made and is part of the CReW Macro pack.  Sounds like it would accomplish what you're looking for here.

Can check out the tool and download the tool kit here: 

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/2014/08/only-unique-macro.html

Added bonus, there's quite a few other tools with some cool functionality to add to your repertoire in there as well.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @blitz45 I mocked up this workflow that produces the result you describe. 

Unique_270819.PNG

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This should also do the job,

Screenshot (9).png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is probably a quicker way to do it,

Screenshot (10).png

blitz45