Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match Cities Using Fuzzy Match

ScottC1
5 - Atom

I am new to Alteryx and I am trying to get a handle on fuzzy matching. I have made a small example of what I am trying to do and attached it. I am trying to build a fuzzy match that can pick out all sorts of different ways to write a city name. For example, I have a master file with CITY OF LETHBRIDGE. And I have a data table with hundreds of rows and they all have different ways of referencing the city. I can get it to match City of Lethbridge with Cty. Of Lethbridge and City o. Lethbridge but I cannot figure out how to get Lethbridge or Lethbrige to match with CITY OF LETHBRIDGE.

Can anyone provide some advice on the various options in fuzzy match?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

By dropping the match threshold to 50% and filtering the results for RecID Master = 1 you get this result:

2018-02-15_00067.png

ScottC1
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply. My issue comes when it gets more complex. For example I updated my "Lethbridge File" to contain info for Calgary now as well. So what I would need is for all the ones relating to Calgary to match with City of Calgary and Lethbridge to match with City of Lethbridge. I'm not sure how I could modify this to do that? Thanks again! 

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Have a look at this.  I added some messy data that matches to Calgary.

2018-02-15_00071.png

Labels